Skip to main content

DOES THE MUSIC WE LISTEN TO EVOKE SPIRITS?

DOES THE MUSIC WE LISTEN TO EVOKE SPIRITS?




We all love music. I mean, who doesn't? We play, listen to, and interact with music in a lot of different ways on a daily basis. I am sure we all know some of benefits of music and interact with it or listen to music for various reasons. The question today is whether or not the music we listen to is able to evoke spirits. Here is my take.

Music has a very powerful spiritual impact and contributes a great deal to our mood or emotional state. Although I do not attempt deal with the subject in its totality here now, for the purpose of our discussion, I like to touch on some brief points which I believe may be relevant. 

Where do I start? That’s the big question. Since we are Christians and Pentecostals, I would like to begin this way. 

Music is a very important “instrument” of worship. I believe we all agree with this assertion so let’s move to the next part. Would I be right in assuming that you agree with this next point too? Music is an integral part of our lives and nature as human beings and plays a very unique role in our Christian faith. Agreed? 

So let me go on with a brief definition to help drive the discussion. Music can be defined as a “scared” art/article of movement, commitment and expression infused or invoked by an oracular “spiritual” language format. Do you know that you sometimes sing to simply inspire yourself in order to enable you face a very difficult situation or challenge? You may sing to express your love for God or show gratitude to God. You may also sing to invite the Holy Spirit of God to fill you. Etc etc.

Let me put it this way. You might have heard the old saying that music is “food for the soul”, right? Music is indeed “food” for the soul so our souls feed on it. I believe you are following me. If we feed on it, then it helps us “grow”. It influences and changes us in some way and by some means. It impacts our “spiritual” stature and strength. You would agree, right?

So what is my point? Yes, that the question. What is your point, you would ask.

My point is simple.
Music helps us to express our innermost feelings and emotions such as in worshipping and praising God. Most importantly and probably more related to today's question is this next part.
 
Music has the potential to infuse our souls (sometime even without our express permission) and induce certain emotions, thoughts and feelings including a sense of power and confidence to take certain actions that we may not otherwise take. Let me give you a couple of examples. 

1. The bringing down the Walls Of Jericho using music as an instrument of praise is a very powerful example of the transcendent and evocative nature of music. 

2. Another example that you might be more familiar with is the Music and chants used at public protest/demonstration and other similar gatherings. These types of music can get participants so charged that they can become  very destructive, uncontrollable etc without any provocation.

I’m guessing you are following the progression of my point. I am however mindful that I may be writing or talking too much so I will conclude as follows:

Music can infuse and “possess” and can indeed initiate spiritual awakening and awareness. It can also invoke the spiritual or “spirits” for that matter, or at the least it may invoke an assumed sense of spiritual incumbency.

The type of music we interact with (sing, play, listen to etc) has a direct impact on our spiritual development and emotional well-being. The type of music we interact with can indeed invoke or evoke the presence or the feeling of the presence of God. In an opposite but similar manner it can also invoke and evoke the presence of the other kingdom (whose name I won’t even mention to in order not to dignify them) and their spirits.

I hope you follow my point now. Do you think I should write a Part 2 to this?

Let me know in the comments section below đŸ‘‡đŸŸ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 23 in Ga | The Bible in Ga | Ga Language Lessons and Learning Tuto...

ANAS EXPOSÉ #NUMBER12 VIDEO - THE FALLOUT, THE FIGHT AND THE NOISE: THE ‘ALLEGATORS’ HAVE SPAT ONTO THE EYE OF THE TIGER AND THE TIGER HAS ROARED BACK WITH VIM.

The ‘allegators’ have spat onto the Eye of the Tiger and the tiger has roared back with vim. And then the story begins. So the Anas ExposĂ© #Number12 was premiered successfully and since aired amidst all the hullaballoo. Yes, you heard me right. Hullaballoo. Despite all the news of the several threats and attempts by different bigwig personalities seeking injunctions against Anas Aremeyaw Anas with regards to the airing/premiering of #Number12, nothing could stop it. It premiered, it showed, and it conquered. For some, Number 12 was always going to be the straw that broke the Camel’s back. Since its announcement, it has gathered far more attention than “Ghana in the eyes of God”. The show seem to have only just began. Anas’ vim and vigour is even building up and going higher and higher.  I do not know whether to call this whole revolution against Anas and the Tiger Eye PI team a drama, ‘documentary’ or simply concert party. Let us get into it. For emphasis, I like to start by